Monday, September 30, 2013

8 Months

Oh, he's cute alright. But nighttime?
Nighttime is BRUTAL. Brutal, I tell you.

Abram slept through the night early on, but then he had all his ear troubles and nights were ruined for a couple months. Then hallelujah -- he got his tubes done and I looked forward to sleeping again. 
But it was not in the cards. Maybe he's still getting used to the feeling of the tubes, we thought. Give it a couple of weeks. 

Then he learned he could scream. Really, really loudly. So instead of waking up crying throughout the night, now he SHRIEKS. I'm not exaggerating here, I promise. It's ear piercing. One night, Mitch had to move from the couch into J's bed because Abe's screams were keeping him up. The living room and my bedroom are on opposite ends of the house, mind you. 
I've considered making a little video so you could really get the sense of it, but unless you turned your volume up to the top level and held the speaker next to your ear, you wouldn't get the full effect. And I wouldn't want to cheapen the experience like that.

At his 6 month appointment (when he was nearly 8 months), he was 27.8 inches and 58th percentile, and 17.5 lbs, only the 18th percentile.
Our latest guess is reflux. I guess I'm so used to my babies having it (both J and Evie did), I missed the symptoms from Abe. He's scheduled for an upper GI scan Monday so we can figure this thing out. 

I just want to sleep somewhat normally again. Please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave one, I'd love to hear from you!

ClusterMap